Mathematican for (e)sports modelling
Contract as freelancer or employment contract
Na Okraji 42, Prague 6, 162 00, Czech Republic
Oddin.gg is the global leader in B2B esports betting solutions. We are delivering an end-to-end ecosystem to bookmakers across the globe. Operators partnering with Oddin.gg can attract a new generation of bettors, drive betting volumes 24/7, and improve sportsbook profitability.
As esports continues to gain popularity, with millions of fans worldwide, Oddin.gg's solutions power some of the most popular sportsbooks and platform providers globally, across many jurisdictions.
With a team of almost 100 people, based in the Czech Republic and in many other locations across Europe and Asia, Oddin.gg is growing at a fast pace and is looking for a Mathematican for (e)sports modelling.
About the team
We work with esports titles (Dota2, LoL, CS:GO, and many others) and also with esports analogues of classic sports such as FIFA - football/soccer, NBA2K - basketball, and others.
Based on the available data, we create and constantly improve mathematical models that help us predict match odds. We cooperate with colleagues from the Developers and Traders team. We are a relatively small team with a lot of challenges ahead of us, so we are currently looking for experienced colleagues to help us solve these challenges.
The main programming language is Python. We use SQL, Git, Docker and our production runs on AWS.
What you will work on:
- You will be studying rules and researching patters in different sports, primarily in esports analogues of classic sports like football/soccer, basketball etc.
- You will be designing, implementing and validating mathematical models for simulation of possible in-game scenarios and their probabilities.
- You will be using methods from probability theory, statistics, random processes and machine learning.
- You will cooperate and communicate with other departments (Developers, Traders).
What you will need:
- Active knowledge and ideally work experience with random processes and in general probability theory and statistics.
- Good programming skills in Python (preferred), or R.
- Desire to improve and grow.
- We value commitment and independence and will do everything in our power for your successful integration into the team and further growth.
Extra knowledge / Extra Points:
- Experience with modelling sports matches.
- Experience developing environments for testing the quality of models from e.g. sports or financial environments
What we offer you:
- Nimble environment where everything can be implemented extremely quickly
- Get the things done attitude, no blaming “policy”, growing from mistakes approach.
- Every feedback from the employees and partners is considered for ongoing improvements.
- Huge opportunity to work at the intersection of two booming industries being esports and betting.
- Immediate impact on the performance of the company.
- Flat orgchart, speaking directly to co-founders and CEO.
- Participation on our vision to become No. 1 esports analytics company.
- Work Self-employee or Employment contract.
- Possibility to work from home or from the office in Petřiny.
- Multisport card.
- Allowance for lunches.
- Language courses.
- 25 days of vacation and flexible working hours that you can adapt to your needs.
- We are currently looking for a company house abroad for our recreation.
- Professional growth and interesting discussions at our team and company meetings, where we discuss interesting topics in the field of programming and data analytics.
Sounds good? Apply with your CV/LinkedIn profile by sending us an email at email@example.com. We will get back to you within 48 hours.